Rosacea is a skin disorder that commonly affects fair-skinned people between the age group of 25-50. Symptoms are often characterized by facial redness and flushing. Red bumps and dilated capillaries often affect the cheeks, nose, chin and forehead. Rosacea is most commonly seen in women. Burning sensitivity is felt on the skin.
There are various reasons to flare Rosacea symptoms, such as – sun exposure, changes in temperature, consumption of excess alcohol and spicy food and the use of poor quality cosmetic products. These cause the facial blood vessels to dilate and stimulate a burning reaction that leads to Rosacea. The best Rosacea treatment is conducted by Derma Care Cosmetic & Laser Clinic in Melbourne.
There are four stages of Rosacea. They are as follows:
- Erythematotelangiectatic type Rosacea – It often exhibits a redness in the skin. Blood vessels are visible on the skin. It results due to the changes in hot and cold temperatures.
- Papulopustular type Rosacea – This type of Rosacea is often being confused as acne vulgaris. It exhibits a persistent redness, bumps and pus-filled lesions. It is caused due to dilated and weakened facial vessels.
- Phymatous type Rosacea – It causes thickening of skin due to excess of tissue and irregular epidermal texture. It is identified by the papules and pustules beneath the skin.
- Ocular type Rosacea – The eye problems make eyelids red, swollen and irritated. The eye is involved in such type of Rosacea.
Rosacea can be treated by two ways:
Although there is no cure for Rosacea, the laser treatment helps to relieve the symptoms successfully. With a course of Gemini laser treatments, facial redness, flushing and dilated capillaries can be treated. These treatments are not a cure, but a relief from Rosacea symptoms. Regular treatments are required to minimize the symptoms.
- Avoid excessive sun exposure.
- Wear sunscreen with SPF 20 on a regular basis.
- Don’t consume alcohol and hot and spicy food.
- Stay out of sauna.
- Cover the skin from extreme weather.
- Don’t wash skin with extremely hot or cold water.
- Use products only meant for sensitive skin.
- Topical vitamins like Vitamin C are helpful for improving skin complexion.
- Use an anti-inflammatory acid like Azelaic acid to reduce redness.
These are just some of the steps you can take.
Derma Care offers a great approach to skin care. It offers a medical skin care and mineral make-up range as well. The experienced doctors give an individual medical skin care prescription. It is helpful to tailor to the skin conditions and treatments of the patients. It ensures quality treatment and utmost care to all. This cosmetic clinic gives main priority to comfort, safety and caring solution for the skin. They ensure that the laser treatments are safe and highly effective.
Derma Care Cosmetic & Laser is one of the best cosmetic clinics in Melbourne. The doctors always listen to the needs of the patients and advice them accordingly in every step of the treatment. Thus, for a complimentary laser and skin care analysis consultation, contact the Melbourne clinic of Derma Care. If the patients suspect to have Rosacea, consult the doctors at Derma Care for proper diagnosis and treatment.